Did You Know That Menopause Is a Day?
Menopause is the day you have gone 12 consecutive months without a menstrual cycle. The years leading up to this day, where you may experience symptoms such as hot flashes, mood changes, change in body composition, joint pain and disruption to sleep patterns just to name a few, is called Perimenpause. This period of time can last anywhere from a couple of years to over 10 years with symptoms varying throughout. The period after is called Postmenopause, where you have not experienced a menstrual cycle in 12 consecutive months but may still experience perimenopasual symptoms.
Each individual experiences the transition through menopause differently, just as they may have through pregnancy and postpaturm. We at Vangool Wellness are here to help you navigate and guide you through the different phases of life!
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy: Pelvic floor symptoms, preparing the pelvic floor for delivery, Labour and delivery prep
- Physiotherapy: Maintaining activity and exercise during Pregnancy
- Prenatal Class: What you need to know to feel empowered, prepared and confident throughout your pregnancy and postpartum journey
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy: incontinence, proloapse/heaviness, pain with intercourse
- Physiotherapy: back pain, posture, diastasis/core strengthening.
- Returning to exercise, running and/or sport
- Postpartum Physioyoga
- Pelvic Health: Vaginal dryness/pain with intercourse, incontinence, increased urgency, constipation
- Physiotherapy: Joint pain/arthritis, improve strength/flexibility, injury prevention.
- PhysioYoga: Joint pain/arthritis, balance, improve sleep, hormone/nervous system regulation, stress management.
- Chair Yoga: Joint pain/arthritis, balance/fall prevention, improve sleep, support hormone/nervous system regulation, stress management.
Contact us to learn more!
Podcasts & Resources We Recommend
Women’s Midlife Health Program:
How to Optimize Female Hormone Health for Vitality & Longevity: Dr. Sara Gottfried on the Huberman Lab podcast:
The Papaya Podcast: The One Where We Learn About Menopause with Shirley Weir:
Hype Women Podcast: Stacey London: Enough